Our award winning tour takes you along the Santubong and Salak river estuaries.
The cruise starts at the Sarawak Boat Club. From there, your boat cruises to the mouth of the Santubong River. Irrawaddy dolphins may be spotted. En-route, all the while, your boat roams the mangrove-lined rivers looking for wildlife.
At the Salak estuary and island, as the light starts to fade, we go in search for the rare proboscis monkey. Small groups are sometimes seen in the treetops at the water edge, settling down for the night.
As dusk arrives, we search for fireflies and crocodiles. The boat proceeds further up river where fireflies gather at night. Enjoy the subdued resplendent twinkling of the beetles (yes, fireflies are beetles!) flying about and around the branches of the mangrove trees.
As we make our way back to the boat club, let’s see what happens when a torch is passed over the riverbanks, wait, are those red bright spots crocodile eyes? in pitch blackness, a bright torch is all one needs to detect crocodiles along the river!
We proceed in this manner until we the tour ends upon arrival at the boat club.
- Boat Fee
- Light Refreshment
- English Speaking Guide
- Return Transfers
* Pickup Time 1600Hrs
Tour Duration- approximately 3 ½ Hours
Santubong Wildlife Cruise Refund Policy
Although we do not normally cancel the tour and as much as we would like our guests to enjoy the cruise to the fullest, Borneo is an island with unexpected isolated rains which is beyond our control. In the event of such a situation, please refer to the refund policy as below.
- Cancellation of tour:
- 12% chargeable for cancellation of tour upon arriving at the Boat Club before cruise departure.
- 50% chargeable for cancellation of tour after less than 1 hour into cruising.
- Non-refundable for cancellation of tour after more than 1 hour into cruising.
- Postponement of tour:
- No extra charge for postponement of tour to the next day for cancellation of tour (due to bad weather) after less than 1 hour into cruising.
- Cruise is forfeited and non-refundable for postponement of tour more than once.
Note: Our guide or boatman reserves the right to cancel or suggest the postponement of tour to the next day due to bad weather condition.
There are no reviews yet.