Journey starts from Kuching for a transfer to the quaint town of Sematan.
This programme allows participants an up close and personal experience with marine mammals which are on the brink of extinction. Volunteers get the chance to actively participate hands on in turtle conservation work at Talang-Talang Besar Island and join a team of dedicated professionals in their efforts to save the turtles. The programme aims to create awareness and to impart knowledge on the importance of sea turtle conservation. Responsibilities of the participants during the duration at the island are:
- Beach Patrolling (to locate turtle landings)
- Transferring eggs to hatchery
- Releasing of hatchlings
- Data Recording
- Nest analysis (monitoring nesting activities)
- Tagging and measuring turtles
- Research, education and conservation activities
Research, education and conservation activities
- Boat Fees
- Entrance Fees
- Full Board Meals as Indicated in Detailed Program
- Accommodation at Ranger Facilities
- English Speaking Guide
- Return Transfers
* Pickup Time 1100Hrs
Only a set of slots per year are provided by the Sarawak Forestry Corporation which runs from the months of May to September. Therefore, advanced booking is required to ensure availability.
There are no reviews yet.